- Wakeboards: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Bindings: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Wooden Wakeskates: 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Other Wakeskates: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Wake Surfboards: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Ropes and/or Bars: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Vests: 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Drypacks and/or Board Bags: 1 year from the date of purchase.
MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Any damage resulting from the use of sliders, kickers, rails or beach launch. Under no circumstances should you use sliders, kickers, rails or launch off the beach on our boards. There are no exceptions to this provision and any violation thereof shall render the warranty null and void.
- Any damage resulting from modifying the equipment and/or using equipment other than that recommended by WAKESHOP.PL, including but not limited to bolts, screws, fins, and bindings.
- Any damage to the board equipped with bindings and/or fins of other manufacturers.
- Products used for commercial purposes, including but not limited to rental, demos, and instructional programs.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Under no circumstances should the bottom of the wakeboard be waxed and/or painted and/or modified. Clean your wakeboard, bindings, and vest with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
The colours of the board, bindings, and vest will fade if exposed to sunlight. The loss of colour is NOT covered by the present warranty. In order to protect your wakeboard, bindings, and vest from the sunlight, keep it stored in your Board Bag.
THE COSTS OF RETURNING THE GOODS COMPLAINED OF SHALL BE BORNE BY THE CUSTOMER.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In the case of agreements concluded with Customers who are simultaneously Consumers within the meaning of Article 221 of the Polish Civil Code, the Seller shall be liable for any Goods breaching the Agreement should such a defect be found by the Customer within 2 years from the date of Delivery of these Goods. The Customer shall be obliged to notify the Seller of any lack of conformity of the Goods with the Agreement within 2 months from the date of determination of such a defect.
- The Seller shall respond to the complaint (statement) submitted by the Customer and notify him or her about the manner of further procedure within 14 (fourteen) days.
- In order to facilitate the complaint procedure, to the extent possible, the Customer shall fill in the complaint form available on the Seller's Website and/or send photos and a detailed description of the Goods breaching the Agreement.
- Should the complaint be considered in favour of the Customer, the Seller shall restore the Goods to the state determined in the Agreement by means of repair or replacement in accordance with the Customer’s request.
- In the case of Agreements concluded with Customers who are not simultaneously Consumers within the meaning of Article 221 of the Polish Civil Code, the Seller's liability on account of the implied warranty is excluded pursuant to Paragraph 1 of Article 558 of the Polish Civil Code.
- In the case of Goods covered by the manufacturer's or importer's warranty, the Customer may lodge a claim about defective Goods on the basis of:
- the rights resulting from the manufacturer's or importer's warranty. The Customer may choose to contact directly an authorised service facility or the Seller, who shall deliver both the Goods and the Customer's complaint to the manufacturer. Prior to initiating the complaint procedure, the Customer shall contact the Seller by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate the order number, as well as describe the defect and the circumstances in which it occurred. The Seller shall then inform the Customer about the manner of further procedure. In order to exercise the rights resulting from the warranty, the Customer shall attach the proof of purchase of the Goods and use the form available on the Seller's website. Attaching the proof of purchase and filling in the form speeds up and facilitates the complaint procedure.
- the rights vested in the Customer who is simultaneously a consumer within the meaning of Article 221 of the Polish Civil Code towards the Seller in connection with the lack of conformity of the Goods with the Agreement.
- The costs of returning the Goods complained of shall be borne by the Customer.
- The provisions of the Polish Civil Code shall be applicable in issues not governed by the Terms and Conditions of the present Warranty.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the Polish and English language versions then the binding version shall be the Polish version.